To prepare civil engineering professionals with an ability to develop designs and initiate innovative thoughts focusing on infrastructural needs with a social responsibility.
To enhance technical skills among the students by adopting effective teaching-learning processes.
To impart knowledge of emerging infrastructural needs of the society for developing eco-friendly designs.
To inculcate technical competencies among the students to enable them to meet present and future challenges.
To prepare for life-long learning with professional ethical practices.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
To provide a breadth of knowledge in core areas of civil engineering which include theoretical foundations, practical aspects of construction industry in the form of lab experiments and project works, fundamentals of Designs.
To prepare students for a professional career in civil engineering both in India & Abroad through committed and positive learning environment suited for technical education.
To incorporate substantial knowledge of a broad class of problem-solving techniques to develop analytical ability and logical reasoning in students.
To install in students an appreciation of ethical, moral and professional standards and an understanding of the social impact of construction technology for lifelong learning.
To create an awareness of the persistent concepts in computing and their realization in current platforms and Technologies and tools.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and civil engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex civil engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex civil engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern civil engineering tools including prediction and modeling to complex civil engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional civil engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the civil engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex computer engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make ffective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the civil engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES:
1. To develop ability to evaluate, design and execute various projects in the filed of Civil Engineering with sustainable development.
2. To make Capable of handling latest, Modern Techniques and Application of software’s in civil engineering.