Research & Development Hub @ MECS
“I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn."
– Albert Einstein
According to several management consulting firms’ reports during the last decade, India is transforming steadily as the preferred location of choice for off-shoring engineering, research and design (ER&D) services for global corporations. Technology evolves continuously by the global efforts in R&D to facilitate Governments policies and the business interests of Corporations at large. Engineering Education Institutions are required to keep pace with International developments and emerging challenging areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities to -
- Create awareness among students and faculty.
- Encourage budding technocrats and faculty to look / analyze the needs of society / industry.
- Contribute to the requirements of society / industry by undertaking research.
- Research also simplifies concept building and transforms new ideas into innovations.
The R&D Hub is envisaged for coordinating program oriented initiatives at each department into a coordinated collective effort at the level of Institute.
The Research and Development Hub is functioning with the following objectives:
- Create awareness and interest among engineering students in R&D activities, thereby expose the students to problem solving, do-it-yourself and project based learning techniques.
- Motivate the faculty members of all programs for R&D activities in the area of their specialization and help their professional growth.
- To encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers for publishing in National and International Conferences/Journals approved by UGC;
- To undertake sponsored research activities and development projects offered by agencies such as ISRO, DRDO, CSIR, DST, AICTE, UGC, INFOSYS, IEEE, NI, etc.
- Help for applying /getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP from various available funding agencies;
- Help in applying Patents, etc.
The above activities are governed by the R & D Hub Committee consisting of following members:
- Chairman /Secretary / Nominee
- Director R&D Hub
- Heads of Departments of Civil, CSE, ECE, EEE, Mechanical and S&H
- One nominee from each department.
The committee studies / reviews/ recommends / approves all activities.
Details of current and past activities are as given below:
- R&D Hub Committee
- Faculty Supervising Ph.D’s and pursuing
- Industry Interaction Activities
- Sponsored Projects & Consultancy Services
- Publications by faculty
- Students Projects : Verbinden - MakerSpace At Matrusri
- Students Publications